The name kelp and seaweed are interchangeable. I chose to use the name KELP rather than seaweed because it fits better on a small label. What you call it depends on where you grew up. When fishing, the captain of the fishing boat called it KELP. When swimming, my mother would tell me to stay away from the seaweed.
I will not garden without Amazing Kelp. Foliar feeding every plant has become as necessary for me as making sure the plants have enough food and water. I have seen a HUGE improvement in the health of my plants and trees in that they are greener, much more lush, have more blossoms and bigger flowers, tomatoes, peppers, etc. The results are impressive.
Amazing Kelp is an important part of 'our growing method' and I give it to all our test plants as well as our ornamentals and orchids. Our plants have more vigor, are healthier and more resistant to disease and insect attack.
Amazing Kelp Powder is a dehydrated liquid extract made from the sea plant Ascophyllum nodosom, which is harvested from the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Maine. Once reconstituted, the liquid (0-1-1) provides natural plant hormones and micro-nutrients to your crops. These compounds are known to accelerate growth, increase flowering and fruiting, intensify color and provide resistance to disease, insects, drought and frost. Truly, it is an Amazing product.
How to Use Amazing Kelp
When to Use
• Apply Amazing Kelp to improve specific growth stages. For example:
• In lieu of trying to catch specific growth stages, apply Amazing Kelp every 2 to 4 weeks.
• The Amazing Kelp solution should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves' stoma are open. Avoid applying between noon and mid-afternoon when the sun is most intense and the stoma are closed. Also avoid spraying Amazing Kelp before it rains or while it is raining.
How to Store
• Amazing Kelp Soluble powder has a shelf life of four years when kept from extreme temperatures. Avoid freezing and direct sunlight. Always close the bag tightly.
• Amazing Kelp should be used with a mild bio-degradable detergent
or a non-ionic surfactant. This will help prevent beading on the foliage
and allow more efficient uptake by the seeds, plants and soil. Avoid harsh
detergents or spreader stickers for pesticides.
Vegetables, Flowers, Lawns, Fruits, Berries, Trees and Shrubs
• Large areas: Mix 1 gallon of reconstituted Amazing Kelp with
enough water to cover 1 acre. 25 pounds of Amazing Kelp Soluble Powder
is enough to spray 38 acres one time.
Hay & Forage Crops (grasses & legumes), and Feed (corn & small grains)
• Feed: Apply 1 gallon (reconstituted) Amazing Kelp per acre during
4-6 leaf stage, repeated in 10-14 days.
Seed and Bulb Treatment
Treating seeds or seed pieces with Amazing Kelp prior to planting will
improve seed germination, root growth and early seedling vigor. Seeds
or seed pieces can be treated in one of the following ways:
Rooting Solution and Transplants
• Amazing Kelp also can be used as a rooting solution. Place cuttings in a solution of 4 teaspoons of reconstituted Amazing Kelp to 1 gallon of water until roots develop, then plant. When planting, water in with this same dilution of Amazing Kelp solution.